Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

2011 is minutes from over and it's just about time to reset the calendar.  I like resets.  Sure, I realize that it's just another day, that the run of events that make up this life don't pause, skip, or reset. But this fool can convince himself that it does.  It's a fresh start, and for some reason this year is going to be different.  This is the year I'm going to get back into shape, read more, learn more, listen more, spend more time with my neighbors, and daggonit, finally learn to play that stupid guitar. This year I'm going to be better at keeping in touch with family and friends.  Maybe even make a friend. (maybe that's a little too optimistic...)   

New Year's Day is for resolutions and predictions, so here is my bold 2012 prediction.  Exactly 1 year from now, Dick Clark, well-tanned and timeless, will lead us into 2013, and I'll be able to reset once again and look ahead into a new year with a fresh look at these worn out expectations.

Happy foolish New Year!

1 comment: